Friday, February 19, 2010

The trouble with emails

The trouble with subtlelity- is that - its a shot in the dark. It might completely miss its target, or more likely, be misunderstood. Misunderstood as a lack of passion, emotion, commitment, energy ...
I think the trouble with emails is similar. All of one's feeling have to be conveyed via a rather mundane interface, with an occasional smiley to break the monotony. So, when I was going through an email to a friend recently and came across a 'I miss you', I could remember distinctly, the intensity with which I had typed them out - I had felt like I was loading my email with these powerful sentimental torpedoes with just these three words.. What could express better, than the simple and naked fact?
And yet, as I re read them now - the email didn't convey anything of the sort.
It seemed more like a 'oh-let-me-use-THIS-expression-today' sort of ending.
I love emails - I don't know what I'd do without them.. But I want to inject more life into them - and find better alternatives to using different fonts or emoticons ...

I think I should be more expressive too ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zyF0ZOy3k

No comments:

Post a Comment